100 Firefighters Tackle Attic Blaze on South Bundy [VIDEO]

Plumber accidentally sets ablaze second-story of apartment building on South Bundy Apartment Fire near Montana Avenue.

A fire burned Friday morning in the attic of a two-story apartment building just east of the Brentwood Country Club, displacing two residents.

A plumber doing work on the building at 845 and 847 S. Bundy Dr. accidentally started the fire, according to Los Angeles Fire Capt. Jaime Moore, a spokesman for the department.

The blaze was extinguished by 100 firefighters in about 33 minutes, according to Los Angeles Fire Department spokesman Shawn Lenske.

No one was injured.

"Fortunately, one resident was in a unit and smoke alarms notified them," Moore said. "As soon as the smoke alarms starting sounding, they grabbed their personal belongings and walked out the door."

Firefighters were able to help salvage a computer that belonged to the resident, an author working on a book, Moore said.

When the firefighters responded at 9:05 a.m., flames were visible on the second floor, the department said.

Brentwood Patch: Facebook | Twitter | E-mail Updates |


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »