A fire swept through a Pendelton Street home early this morning and six people escaped without serious injury. One person was sent to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
Members of the Cranston Fire Department responded to the house at 31 Pendleton Street around 4 a.m.
Along with the six residents who escaped was a pet rabbit.
The fire remains under investigation, although early reports indicate it seems to have started in the basement before spreading to the rest of the house.
More details will be posted as they become available.