Interested in a job in law enforcement?
The Rhode Island Department of Public Safety will begin the recruitment, application, and selection process for the 2013 Rhode Island Division of Sheriffs Recruit Training Academy, state police Colonel Steven G. O’Donnell announced Monday. The application period will end on Sunday, Feb., 10.
The Rhode Island Division of Sheriffs is seeking "honest, intelligent, hard-working and dedicated men and women to apply for the 2013 Rhode Island Sheriff’s Training Academy," according to a press release. The stages of recruitment and selection are as follows:
- Jan. 14, 2013 – Feb. 10, 2013: Recruitment & Application Period;
- March 2013: Written Examinations;
- April 2013: Physical Agility Testing;
- May – July, 2013: Background Investigations; Medical Testing; Selection;
- July – August, 2013: Division of Sheriffs Recruit Training Academy begins.
Individuals interested in becoming Deputy Sheriffs can find information regarding applicant qualifications and selection process as well as other pertinent information on the Recruitment web page at www.sheriffs.ri.gov. The Rhode Island Department of Public Safety encourages prospective applicants to periodically monitor this website to follow any changes that may occur to the above-described schedule.
The Rhode Island Department of Public Safety is an equal opportunity employer.